Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"The Box" and National Teacher Certification






Have you seen this box?  Mine has a prominent place on the shelf behind my desk... and a more prominent place in my brain.  I am working on my National Teacher Certification.  Last year our district did Take 1, one entry of the candidacy, and I picked up some new thoughts for my teaching in the process.  So when they offered to pay for the entire process I signed up.  Of course I am sure this year I will have many "WHAT WAS I THINKING???" moments.  I had a few already, well maybe more than a few.  However, I know in the end it is worth it and I won't mind the raise either ;).

I am doing my certification as an Early Childhood Generalist.  I was a bit concerned thinking that certificate wouldn't work with third grade but it goes by age and I am safe, so no need to redo what I did as a Kindergarten teacher. PHEW!

Anyone else out there have their certification or working on it?  What are your thoughts?  I am going to need a TON of lattes over the course of this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment